Wednesday, November 28, 2007

creating

We have officially begun our gift making season.
I (Sonya) am especially into handmade gifts this season because of all the toy recalls & etc. going on the past six months. I'm also pretty overwhelmed with the "stuff" we have & just the acquiring habit my generation has been sucked into.
So we are trying to make a good portion of our gifts. Because I really enjoy reading blogs & I wonder if you might like them too, I thought I would share a few ideas for anyone who might be feeling crafty.
A fun site called Sew, Mama, Sew has organized a load of tutorials during this month of November. Each day, they point out a couple of fun gift ideas scattered around the web. Today's idea is Drawstring Bags, but if you scroll down there is a nice list of all the other ideas. I'm planning on making some rice & flaxseed bags, a zippered bag for an artist, & I already made an mp3 player "cozy" for someone unnamed in my family (hmmmm).
Another adoptive family with five kids posted a fun teacher (or aunt or grandparent) idea that I would like to try.
We made cinnamon ornaments another year with our kids, but I just may try it again this year. It is so fun to add little smelly ornaments to all the other gifts.
But I can't give away all my secrets. So let me know if you have any other fun ideas. Have fun creating!

No comments: